From a news release: WINNEBAGO COUNTY – A drive-through COVID-19 Community Based Triage, Testing, and Transfer Site (CBTTTS) opened at the UIC Health Sciences Campus – Rockford, 1601 Parkview Ave. today. The CBTTTS is a collaborative effort with federal, state, and local partners, including the National Guard, Illinois Department of Public Health, Winnebago County Emergency Operations Center and the UIC Health Sciences Campus-Rockford. Bringing increased testing to the Northern Illinois Rockford Region will provide crucial information on the prevalence of the infection in our communities. At a time when the region is experiencing increasing numbers of infection, the testing provides our communities with an opportunity to conduct aggressive contact tracing.
The CBTTTS will assess patients who have symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough and shortness of breath, and determine if they need testing, self-quarantine, medical follow-up or immediate transfer to a hospital. Medical tents on the campus will allow about 500 patients a day to be evaluated.
The CBTTTS will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. until further notice.
The testing involves a self-nasal swab which is most effective in patients with symptoms. It does not detect if someone has previously had COVID-19. Patients need to have symptoms to be tested.
Patients going to the CBTTTS site need to know:
- Individuals must drive through the CBTTTS site for testing.
- Testing is limited to those who have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- There are no restrooms available on site for patients as individuals must remain in their vehicles.
- Enter the CBTS site in a vehicle at the Parkview Ave. entrance to the campus from the south as directed by signage. Vehicles must make a right turn on to the campus. Left turns will not be allowed.
- Follow signs and directions from the volunteers at the site.
Each patient will be screened and evaluated for COVID-19 testing. There is no cost to the patient.
For questions about COVID-19, call:
- The COVID-19 Hotline at 1-815-319-6705 (Available Monday through Friday 9am-5pm)
- The Illinois Department of Public Health hotline at 1-800-889-3931