ROCKFORD, IL – As Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan begins on Friday, May 29, 2020, Rockford Park District golf courses have updated restrictions in place as outlined by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. The restrictions in place are for the safety of area golfers, District team members, and the entire community.
Revised golf restrictions for Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan:
· Groups of 4 are allowed, with 10 minutes between tee times
· Driving ranges, practice putting greens, and Aldeen Practice Centre will be open; 50% capacity allowed
· Golf carts are permitted. Individuals who are not members of the same household shall use individual carts. Every cart will be sanitized after each use.
· Clubhouses will remain closed, but pro shops are open, and food and beverage items will be sold
· No ball washes, bunker/sand trap rakes, port-o-lets, or water coolers will be available at any golf course
· Cups will be modified at each hole so golfers can retrieve their ball easier with little contact with the cup
· Flags should remain in the cup
· A golf club should be used to smooth out the sand in the bunker
“This next phase will allow us to have more golfers on the course, and allow for more use of golf carts. Thank you to everyone who has come out to play, and for being patient as we adjust to these fluid rules and regulations. We ask that players maintain social distancing at all times while at the golf course, pick up their own ball, handle their own scorecard, and unfortunately, refrain from the customary handshake at the beginning or end of the game,” said David Spencer, Operations Director. If any golf course patron has symptoms of COVID-19, or are from a household with someone with symptoms, they should not play. Every golf course will have food and beverage items for golfers to grab and go. Outdoor seating is also available at each course, and will be sanitized after use. There is no set date when Phase 3 restrictions will end; moving into another phase depends on our region’s public health metrics.
Tournaments are not allowed during Phase 3. All June tournaments, including the Rockford Area Junior Tournament Series and Melvin Ballard Memorial Golf Tournament, have been cancelled. Outdoor golf lessons are allowed for individuals and groups of 10 or fewer. Please check http://www.golfrockford.org for updated information regarding summer golf lessons.
Operational Hours, Fees, and Scheduling a Tee Time
Aldeen Golf Club, Elliot Golf Course, Ingersoll Golf Course, Sandy Hollow Golf Course, and Sinnissippi Golf Course will be open during Phase 3 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre will be open during Phase 3 on Mondays from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Tuesdays through Sundays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summer golf round rates and cart rates will be in effect from May 29 through September 7, 2020. Please visit http://www.golfrockford.org for 18-hole and 9-hole weekday, weekend, and holiday greens fees. The District also offers junior greens fees for those 16 and under. Golf memberships are also available. Tee times can be made online (14 days in advance), and credit or debit cards are the required form of payment accepted at the golf course. Please call 815-968-PLAY (7529) for assistance with golf-related needs.